1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Wiring a old school tweety bird into my night k eagle

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by radioman24, Apr 18, 2014.

1. radioman24

radioman24 Active Member

I have installed a tweety bird I got from a guy, and it does work when I push the red button,just not when I key the mic, any ideas?

please if your going to post a rude comment just keep it to yourself please!!

1 person likes this.

2. psycho

psycho Running a special on our rooms!

I know nothing about that mic, but the TB-1 should have 3 wires.....red, black, and white. It seems you have the white audio wire crossed up.

3. radioman24

radioman24 Active Member

yes you are right and right now it only works when I push the red button, just trying to see how to get it to work on key up.

4. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

solder two more wires on to the little switch, and run one wire to the TX wire inside the mic, and the other to the shield wire inside the mic.

then the switch will be "closed" whenever you key the mic, or when you push the button.

the mic will be useless for anything other than tweety birding though, as it will make noise the whole time the mic is keyed.

if you want it to just tweet for a second, thats a new circuit you'll need to add.
    LC

#4 loosecannon, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  5. Z-MAN 369

Z-MAN 369 Active Member

I tried installing a switch to make it a "key-up" effect but i couldnt get it just right, so i ended up just scrapping the switch idea and just hit the button when i keyed the mic. I like the Tweety's pot. option to lay the hammer on troublemakers.

6. radioman24

radioman24 Active Member

Zman what tweety are you using?