• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wiring a old school tweety bird into my night k eagle

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I have installed a tweety bird I got from a guy, and it does work when I push the red button,just not when I key the mic, any ideas?

please if your going to post a rude comment just keep it to yourself please!!

Reactions: 1 person

I know nothing about that mic, but the TB-1 should have 3 wires.....red, black, and white. It seems you have the white audio wire crossed up.

yes you are right and right now it only works when I push the red button, just trying to see how to get it to work on key up.

solder two more wires on to the little switch, and run one wire to the TX wire inside the mic, and the other to the shield wire inside the mic.

then the switch will be "closed" whenever you key the mic, or when you push the button.

the mic will be useless for anything other than tweety birding though, as it will make noise the whole time the mic is keyed.

if you want it to just tweet for a second, thats a new circuit you'll need to add.
LC

Last edited:
I tried installing a switch to make it a "key-up" effect but i couldnt get it just right, so i ended up just scrapping the switch idea and just hit the button when i keyed the mic. I like the Tweety's pot. option to lay the hammer on troublemakers.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.