• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wolf radio antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.
WolfRadio.com said:
One last thing, if you look back a few pages on this thread you will find a post where I compared the Sigma IV to a J-Pole, also.
Yes, I saw that. I mentioned this many months ago and the world came down on me. You can show them, but it doesn't mean they will believe!

I will admit, I had a singular view of loading. As I have always said, I'm always open for a good education. I certainly don't know it all and while testing different antennas and seeing different results, I often think, "now what caused that?" I'm sure you understand what I'm saying.

Master Chief said:
Yes, I saw that. I mentioned this many months ago and the world came down on me. You can show them, but it doesn't mean they will believe!

I hear ya, I takes an open mind and imagination to bridge to certain ideas. At least you have been vindicated on that point and have at least one ally.

Marconi said:
Those guys that made Advanti work were just plain geniuses. It was as though they could see those abstract concepts in their minds eye, concepts that they eventually made so clear as to then be able to make them into real products that are still considered relevant today.

I agree 100%. I have always admired those guys “genius”, and the antennas they designed. I don’t think we have anything like that today working for 11 meters.

Wolf

WolfRadio.com said:
Master Chief said:

I hear ya, I takes an open mind and imagination to bridge to certain ideas. At least you have been vindicated on that point and have at least one ally.

Marconi said:
Those guys that made Advanti work were just plain geniuses. It was as though they could see those abstract concepts in their minds eye, concepts that they eventually made so clear as to then be able to make them into real products that are still considered relevant today.

I agree 100%. I have always admired those guys “genius”, and the antennas they designed. I don’t think we have anything like that today working for 11 meters.

Wolf

Hello Eddie, how've you been treating life?

I told a friend of mine about your P64 and he was really jazzed to get one but when he called you to order one he claims he was told you aren't selling them any longer...???

I was truly bummed to hear it.
He sits about 2,000' above the North San Joaquin valley and can literally see the coastal range mountains from his place.
He sports a North-West-South arc of about a 150 mile clear shot to hundreds of operators from Redding to SF to Fresno, who would definitely hear your antenna (and no doubt like what they heard) behind a Kenwood TS-940SAT / TL-922A...!

So what's up with your P64?

Have you halted production or will they be available again soon?

I know Aluminum costs keep rising and if that's what is holding you up just charge a bit more and let the wanna-be's who can't afford your quality buy Maco V-5/8s as they... 'work' :?

Let us all know what's up!

-73-

CDX-007 said:
He sports a North-West-South arc of about a 150 mile clear shot to hundreds of operators from Redding to SF to Fresno, who would definitely hear your antenna (and no doubt like what they heard) behind a Kenwood TS-940SAT / TL-922A...!
On AM?!

Master Chief said:
CDX-007 said:
On AM?!

No, most 'round these parts work SSB you silly Bastage!! ;)

But I believe he does have the 6kc AM filter in that K-wod :p if he wanted to AMp it up...

EDUK8TR said:
It is my understanding that the .64 is currently undergoing a design change and will be back in production once R&D on the new one is complete.

73's :!:

Hey, well that's good news.

Dang it if he didn't already get a stinkin' Sigma4 copy... Maybe it will fall apart like so many and he'll have to grab something else.
Hopefully Eddie's P64 will be back in production by then... Soon :?:

-73-

CDX-007 said:
Dang it if he didn't already get a stinkin' Sigma4 copy... Maybe it will fall apart like so many and he'll have to grab something else.
Hopefully Eddie's P64 will be back in production by then... Soon :?:

-73-

no maybe to it 007,
if anybody uses the vector 4000 sigma copy it will most definately snap in the wind eventually, wait thats not right i remember, it goes something like this, a 60mph wind in the states whilst been of equal velocity is roughly 40% less damaging than a 60mph wind in england :!: ( due to the relative velocity/damage coefficient of continents ), no thats aint right either, it dont take a 60mph wind to destroy a vector, 50mph will do the job nicely and usually within a day or two, 60mph hmm let me think yep no doubt :arrow: that would be the imax 2000 :twisted: ,

either that or the authorities here knock 40% off published wind speeds so as not to cause public allarm :twisted:

CDX-007,

This is the last correspondence I had with Eddie.

Wolf Point 64_11m Inbox

James K,
Eddie, Sorry but I seem to have lost the email on purchasing your .64 11meter...
Mar 28

Ed Chiccone
Unfortunately I have ceased production of those for awhile. I may resume in s...
Mar 31

James K,
to Ed
More options Apr 17
Ed, Is there anyway you could let me know when you start back up? I sure would like to get one. Thanks, Jim
- Show quoted text -

On 3/31/06, Ed Chiccone < eddiec@wolfradio.com> wrote:

Unfortunately I have ceased production of those for awhile. I may resume in several months.

Eddie C./N4ZRV
954-581-8788
www.wolfradio.com
Live Long and Prosper

----- Original Message -----
To: EddieC@wolfradio.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:59 AM
Subject: Wolf Point 64_11m

Eddie, Sorry but I seem to have lost the email on purchasing your .64 11meter omni. If you could, could I get a total again with the antenna shipped to 22835 and how to pay. Is it still three weeks waiting period to? Thank You, Jim

Reply Forward

---------------------------------------------------------
I have also tried to contact again with no responce. I truely hope he will produce these antennas again, with support. Take care all, Jim

goldengopher said:
Master Chief said:
smalltiredart said:
You could swap antenna's and an operator on the other end would never see a difference.
Back up the above statement please.

The WOLF .64 wave uses a gamma match. Jay's antenna does not. Since we already know that the magic of the I-10K is in the feedpoint, that it has been tested against multiple antennas using various matching networks (feedpoints) and found to be the most efficient to date!

I would like to see you back up your statement with facts from a web site or a reputable antenna book, not opinion or manufacturers hype, that a hairpin match that Jay uses is better or provides less loss or that it is more efficient than a gamma. They are both matching networks/impedance transformers. Should be pretty easy right...

ARRL Antenna Handbook for the Radio Amateur.
ARRL Antenna Compendium
Radio Handbook by William Orr.

They all profess the gamma match is not as efficient as the beta or hairpin match.

--Toll_Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.