• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Work Bench Power Supply

fogdog

Aug 29, 2013
East Tennessee Mountains
I built a small workbench power supply from an old PC power supply. Pretty darn easy. I just wanted 12 VDC, so I cut all the wires back,and separated them and used heat shrink wrap to keep them bundled together.

Connect the Gray and green wires together to trick the pwr supply to think its connected to the PC, so it will come on.

I kept a couple of yellow and a couple of yellow and black wires out. These are the +12 vdc and ground. Then I soldered a set to a couple of banana clips, and I left a pair out for connecting something up just for a quick test.

I splurged and bought a cheap LED lamp to show that the PS was on, and some rubber stick on feet for the bottom of the PS. I think the whole thing cost me less than $5.00. It will run my stock Cobra 29 LX just fine. cb radio 008.jpg

cb radio 007.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.