• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Working on the Avanti PDL-2

That is a slick idea to put it in a swimming pool filled with salt water. How may people can do that? Or have the means to make it happen? Either way - that will be interesting to see the NEXT video once it is all finished and running. Sure beats a viddy of some dude wearing high heels at a ham-fest - that is for sure...

That is a slick idea to put it in a swimming pool filled with salt water. How may people can do that? Or have the means to make it happen? Either way - that will be interesting to see the NEXT video once it is all finished and running. Sure beats a viddy of some dude wearing high heels at a ham-fest - that is for sure...

Dude the high heels is getting some hits...lol

wait, i dont get it.
is that PDL II pointing straight up into the sky?

what is the idea here?
is it like a ground mounted antenna where the pool is supposed to take the place of the multiple ground radials?

seems weird, but maybe im just not seeing it.
LC

I know where a old one is up on a tower. If he wants some spare parts I may be able to help him out.

I doubt the salt water pool helped as much as the aluminum ladder 2 feet away from the driven element hurt the setting of the VSWR. Again, more common sense needs to be applied here. The PDL II tunes up perfectly following the directions just pointing it straight up. If nothing else, the salt water could help corrode all the copper to aluminum connections nicely.

Quality !!! :LOL:

Whats next? channel a groove out the landscape and let the Atlantic/Pacific Ocean fill up his back garden.

Only in America.

On the positive side he could fill the pool with Sea Bass and if the propagation is shit at least he'll be able to do some fishing.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.