• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman DM-452 power mic ??

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
Just ordered one for my new 2950CD to give AM a little more oomph without messing with AM modulation pot inside..

Anyone run this mic and/or combo?

Other forums say leave at mic echo on front on first dot.. and my mic gain at noon..

Screenshot_20190207-214559~2.png

They're a good inexpensive power microphone and do pretty well with many radios. There's not a one size fits all on the settings which really makes it nicer because you can tailor it to your rig and your likes. Even though they're produced side by side with hundreds if not thousands of other microphones just like yours, they aren't all going to be set up exactly the same. Just play with your adjustments and see what you like and what functions we'll with your radio. I will say is just don't get too rough with the internal vr's because again, it is an inexpensive mic with inexpensive parts. For the money, they are a good inexpensive microphone though. If you run into feedback problems, there's a capacitor mod you can do to cure it but it's mostly only an issue when running high power radios or amplifiers. Stray RF really gets those mics due to lack of shielding. I've even drilled 4 small holes in the back of the mic case and you get an even more distinct sounding microphone. Once set correctly I think you'll be pleased

Would getting the 4 pin standard one and 4-6pin RCI adapter they sell separate cause any issues?

Was entertaining if it didn't work right on this 2950 I can try it on my Cobra 29 which is a 4 pin..

[QUOTE="Eldorado828, post: 658754, member: I've even drilled 4 small holes in the back of the mic case and you get an even more distinct sounding microphone. Once set correctly I think you'll be pleased[/QUOTE]

Interesting….. where were the holes drilled? and what was the distinctive sound? Please elaborate. Thank you

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I've got two DM-452 mics. I use them on a Uniden Grant XL and on a Uniden Washington on AM only. Radio's mic gain at 3:00 and DM-452 on one mark over from left on mic's face. I good very good reports on those mics...on AM.

Sideband is a different story. Standard mic gives me better SSB reports...at least if running an amplifier. :whistle:

[QUOTE="Eldorado828, post: 658754, member: I've even drilled 4 small holes in the back of the mic case and you get an even more distinct sounding microphone. Once set correctly I think you'll be pleased

Interesting….. where were the holes drilled? and what was the distinctive sound? Please elaborate. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Drilled on each corner of the rear shell. I'll find one of them a share a picture. It changes the acoustics and you'll definitely notice a difference on how it sounds. One of those you'll just have to experiment to hear the difference for yourself.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.