• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman Roger Beep Improvement (less annoying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a reply for the ''Bandit'' single tone roger-beep... What I've done is replace C2 by a 56 nf or equivalent is 0.056 uf + replace that resistor that keeps heating up ''R6'' by a 1K & put a 3meg resistor in line with the audio out ''white wire'' of the BR Board. This makes it pretty decent on my side. For the green wire they replaced it by a blue wire. The ''Burping sound'' comes out from the relay... You have to live with it or replace the ''Bandit'' by a 5 tone Roger Beep... I like the 5 tones better than the cheap ''Bandit'' give it a try & enjoy man...

At one point I was going to review that roger beep kit but when I installed it, it was such a pos I just pulled it out and threw it in the trash. The beep on some of the power mikes is better than that module. It's always hit or miss with workman stuff, some products work great and others I avoid.

Reactions: 1 person
I bought a Workman roger beep for my Uniden 78XL, and was not terribly happy with it after I installed it.

I was really going to irritate some people on the other end of my signal if I did not make some changes.

The tone is WAY too loud. I corrected that by adding a 1m Ohm resistor in between my radio and the roger beep board.

The tone also played too long, a bit over half a second or so. I corrected this by removing C2 (the BIG one) and replacing it with a .022uF mylar capacitor.
Its now A short little blip of A quarter second or less.

Hope this helps a few out there

(mods, If this is in the wrong section, I'm new here and I apologize; please move as needed)
i thought rodger beep was some other language for annoying?

so I guess if we're just going to speak in generalization I'll say all the people in my neighborhood that sit on the base cb all day are on welfare. See how ridiculous a statement like
that sounds? :)

Reactions: wheelman918
you asked me a wise ass question and I answered it what don't you understand
how is it a wise ass question?
if I don't like a person I don't go visit them.
if I don't like a tv show I don't record it to watch again later.
if I don't like a post I don't keep pulling it up by posting in it.

I have yet to find a situation where telling someone-stupid or not-that they are stupid has ever improved anything.

so, again I ask you, with much wisdom and no ass, if you find it to be erroneous, why did you bring back a 3 year old thread that you disapprove of so everyone could read it again? if you had provided facts to the contrary, or even a well rationalized argument supporting your opinion, I wouldn't have asked. but all you did was pull up something for no good reason.
there's plenty of ignorance and intolerance going on in the Announcements & Open Forum if you merely need to call someone stupid.

Reactions: wheelman918
how is it a wise ass question?
if I don't like a person I don't go visit them.
if I don't like a tv show I don't record it to watch again later.
if I don't like a post I don't keep pulling it up by posting in it.

I have yet to find a situation where telling someone-stupid or not-that they are stupid has ever improved anything.

so, again I ask you, with much wisdom and no ass, if you find it to be erroneous, why did you bring back a 3 year old thread that you disapprove of so everyone could read it again? if you had provided facts to the contrary, or even a well rationalized argument supporting your opinion, I wouldn't have asked. but all you did was pull up something for no good reason.
there's plenty of ignorance and intolerance going on in the Announcements & Open Forum if you merely need to call someone stupid.
Again, I said yes. Pretty straight forward response to a question, and is there any thing else? wow. Maybe it's a sentence structure thing here that's screwing me up. you see in the English language when you use this little mark here(?) at the end of a sentence, it's to inform the reader you are asking a question. But I'm starting to get the feeling you were really making more of a statement, in this case a (.) at the end of the sentence would have been appropriate. Either way, I hope you truly have a wonderful day and God speed.

Last edited:
Give it up guys. There are only two reasons to bring up a three year old dead thread. Newer relevant info or outdated pointless comments to start something. You figure it out. AA1QD, you have been here since May of 2005, plenty of time to have seen and commented in the thread the first time around. Anyway, as I said. Give it up guys.

Again, I said yes. Pretty straight forward response to a question, and is there any thing else? wow. Maybe it's a sentence structure thing here that's screwing me up. you see in the English language when you use this little mark here(?) at the end of a sentence, it's to inform the reader you are asking a question. But I'm starting to get the feeling you were really making more of a statement, in this case a (.) at the end of the sentence would have been appropriate. Either way, I hope you truly have a wonderful day and God speed.

so english is your second language? that might explain it. you have the punctuation correct, but in english a question asking why isn't answerable with a yes or no answer. when someone asks you why they are asking for a reason or a method, neither are possible with one word answers.
still, aside from that your grasp of english is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.