• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Workman Superstar DM-452 Wiring

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
So I fixed the RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 that I use in the mobile ... I have an Astatic D-104 M6B that I use with it . The Astatic mic is about 3 years old , with only a little use . Here about a week ago , I was talking with the wife on it ... and the mic just lost audio for no reason , and without warning . Everything looks good , so I have no idea what happened with it ... it just gave up ... lol

Anyway , I started doing some research and discovered that having something like this happen with a newer Astatic mic isn't uncommon . So I decided to buy something different , and went with a Workman Superstar DM-452 ... I had a Workman power mic years ago that worked really well for me , so I figured I'd give it another shot again . Problem is , I can't find anything online telling what the wiring code for a Workman Superstar DM-452 to an RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 is .

So I was wondering if anyone here had any idea what the wiring code might be ?

Reactions: secret squirrel

So I fixed the RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 that I use in the mobile ... I have an Astatic D-104 M6B that I use with it . The Astatic mic is about 3 years old , with only a little use . Here about a week ago , I was talking with the wife on it ... and the mic just lost audio for no reason , and without warning . Everything looks good , so I have no idea what happened with it ... it just gave up ... lol

Anyway , I started doing some research and discovered that having something like this happen with a newer Astatic mic isn't uncommon . So I decided to buy something different , and went with a Workman Superstar DM-452 ... I had a Workman power mic years ago that worked really well for me , so I figured I'd give it another shot again . Problem is , I can't find anything online telling what the wiring code for a Workman Superstar DM-452 to an RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 is .

So I was wondering if anyone here had any idea what the wiring code might be ?

Maybe this will help you:

https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/dm-452-mic-wiring-for-cobra-4-pin.212848/

Best way I can help you is by telling you what solder pads are inside the mic. Depending on color of the wires or how it's wired it'll be pretty self explanatory to you after that. The colors vary on those mics especially on the audio wire, sometimes they used white and sometimes yellow and ground they sometimes used blue instead of black. I'm guess it's per production run. Give me a few and I'll put up a picture for you

Here's one I've got, hopefully this will help. Keep note from left to right, number 6 pad is ground on the 5 pin 4 wire w/shield version but on the 4 pin 3 wire w/shield wire versions they run a jumper wire from pad 6 to shield (pad 1). They used to all be the same up to the mic connector but now I guess they save $ for using a mic cord with one less wire on the 4 pin version.

Anyway, this should help you figure it out20200725_161334.jpg

I like that mic for the price, but the echo adjustment is way too logarithmic IMO. Anything past the first dot is ridiculous. It’s tough to get the sweet spot back after it’s been bumped or moved. I plan on adding resistors on the back of that slider some day to make it more linear. Either that or I’ll disconnect the slider and install a small pot inside instead.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.