• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

World DX Call Signs?

Ok this is going to sound really dumb...

The past 2 days I have been receiving DX from the UK, Ireland, Italy, Australia

They use call signs like 26 SD 117

Are these from another DX club?

Then they add in their frequency.

I find it very confusing when they only coming through in waves.

I made one contact in the UK but I wasn't able to decipher what he was saying beyond the above call sign.

Whats the scoop?

Go here:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/cdx-club-contest-information/28909-cdx-roster-3-11-2008-a.html

and choose a number(i suppose one no one is using)

Alot of dx depends on conditions, I talk on a bone stock 2950 and make contacts all over, in fact I can remember only using 100 watts once two years ago to maintain a contact in Spain on 10 meters, other than that I just ride the wave!!!

Keep trying the more you try the more you will hit and the more confidence you get the more you should work as long as mother nature provides.

gamegetter,
FYI - there is a club in Europe that is also CDX. Ask Audioshockwave about it, I think he joined it last year.

Reason I am saying this is, if one starts using the CDX sign internationally, it might get confusing if you are not actually a member of that club.

I was not aware of another club using the cdx sign...
on edit:
surely the division number would do the differentiating, but I guess it could be confusing.

I'll let audio share his thoughts.

just a thought

May be we should change ours to WWDX...

kinda like the sound,

whiskey whiskey delta xray

FYI - there is a club in Europe that is also CDX. Ask Audioshockwave about it, I think he joined it last year.

Larry, I did not Join, I think it was $40 or $45 a year or something....
Yes division number reflects were you are located.

2CDX339

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.