• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Would this work?

Mar 20, 2012
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336574916.041962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1336574933.008136.jpgThinking of mounting a single antenna to the stainless bracket in the picture. The roof cap is fiberglass, the rotating beacon would come of, I would run a ground wire. Trailer is always a flat deck and load height rarely exceeds roof height.

Thanks, FLB

Will it work? yes. Will it work well??? not likely. Gotta love those fiberglass cabs.

Also, a word of note, a DC ground and an RF ground are two different things, simply running a wire is usually not enough. You may consider a no ground plane antenna.

A phased array (cophased antennas in cb lingo) also don't require a ground plane and will give you directionality towards the front/back of your truck.

The DB

View attachment 7238View attachment 7239Thinking of mounting a single antenna to the stainless bracket in the picture. The roof cap is fiberglass, the rotating beacon would come of, I would run a ground wire. Trailer is always a flat deck and load height rarely exceeds roof height.

Thanks, FLB

If you find an antenna with a long enough shaft to get the load above the roof, it should work fairly well assuming you can get a decent Rf ground. I would try it and see what happens. I usually co- phase antennas, but I pull a reefer or van and need to be able to talk and hear around the trailer, but if I pulled a flatbed, I would try the single on the back of the cab first to see what happens.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.