• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Would You Hook Up Your Mobile Big Radio to This?

Would You Hook Up Your Mobile Big Radio to This?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ray Brashear (Rays’ CB Shop, West Memphis) used to use the 7’ Skipshooter to zap competitors running 102’s in keydown comps years back (posts on T-R by mike5511). I always forget to ask him when I’m in there.

The 7’ has some real mojo. That’s the one you run if you can!

FWIW, I’ve not ever run anything else on a big truck that equaled what that pic above shows. It was out ahead of Wilson 2000s on a composite hood large car.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdchet
562EDB34-0143-4F0D-9C86-4FCF89BB7AD2.gif

Larger picture, here. My dashtop radio plans are:

Have been fitting up the TRC-2 version of the TAC-Comm Radio Carrier to use in a Freightliner or Volvo on the dash (no idea what next tractor will be).

The smaller TRC-1 (above) is what I’m using for the Linc-2 in the pickup (amp under rear seat).

The TRC-2 is kinda tall & wide what with a DX-99 and a KL-7405 aboard (plus filters & 12V distributon). But I can run a cloth cover over it to sorta camouflage and reduce the sun load on the rig.

The POWERWERX PD-75 makes for easy quick disconnect from a 6-AWG power run. I have to go in shop, etc, it can be put away for safekeeping.

When one pops the antennas off and puts the TRC away, all becomes invisible (like a dead-stock FL once past gear on mirror bases).

Companies we run for don’t much care about fate of truck as it’s insured. We do as it carries both us and probably $2k in belongings (OTR). This is my prepared defense with shop or company personnel.

NONE of them (nor I) would willingly drive into a riot spilled out onto the highway.
My radio keeps all of us out of trouble and business running smoothly.

My discussions with recruiters includes my suspicions confirmed that drivers are getting scared about running too far from home. I agree, except I’m not. Best Radio Gear used skillfully WILL determine the point I’m negotiating a new deal with company.

What extra money, therefore, I may spend in gold-plating the install is all to the good. Such as flame-resistant split loom. (Blue stripe). Not the cheap stuff. Good faith gesture. Etc.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.