• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxon KG-UV3D Help

parttimehammer

Jun 26, 2011
Hey All,

Just bought a Wouxon KG-UV3D and so far love it. Trying to figure out how to store a specific frequency into channel memory. I have it figured out for the FM radio, but not the actual channel.

Thanks

Set up the frequency, PL, offset, etc... while in "Frequency mode" Then press Menu + 27, then press Menu again. Use the up/down arrows to select the channel number you want to set that frequency to, then press Menu again to store.

To recall it, you'll have to go into either "CH" or "CH/Freq" mode.

By the way, get the USB cable and download the software if the radio didn't come with a disc & cable. It's MUCH easier to program than using the key pad!

but there is no quick way to recall the channel from memory? B/C whenever I go to channel or freq mode then I can no longer but in any particular channel, just what is in memory. Kinda annoying

Just like cell phones, HTs are generally intended to be part of a larger infrastructure. That's just the nature of the beast.. personally I think my HT is my most practical and useful radio.. particularly at events and during emergencies. Yes the repeater does all the work much of the time, but what's wrong with that? That's the whole idea.. Plus in my experience they go farther than you'd think on their own.

Last edited:
but there is no quick way to recall the channel from memory? B/C whenever I go to channel or freq mode then I can no longer but in any particular channel, just what is in memory. Kinda annoying

Lost me here...

What do you mean by "recall"? Say you've set a freq. to channel 7. in memory mode use the arrows or turn the knob to go through the channels.

If you're talking about "seeing" what that frequency actually is while in memory mode, get out of "CH" mode and go to "CHFREQ" mode and the display will give the channel number that you programmed as well as the frequency.

If you're in "CH" or "CHFREQ" mode and want to punch in another frequency that's not programmed, you need to hit MENU + 21 + MENU, select "FREQ", then hit menu again.

There are also shortcut keys (A/B & TDR) that you can use to do it quicker, i just haven't bothered to read the manual on how to do it.

Not sure if that addressed your question or not. I'll quit guessing... lol

Last edited:
If i am in freq mode and I have a freq of 152.175 and in memory channel one I have 145.123 stored, is there a way I can get to my stored channels without having to go through the menu, press 19, select channel freq, etc? I like how the FM radio I can just press a button and it goes to the specific station I have saved by number.

Figured it out. By pressing Menu and then the TDR key a second later, you will switch between Frequency Mode and Channel mode, which is essentially the Memory.

Now the manual would have told you that if they had someone that knows English write it instead of using google translate.

It says right on the box for my uvd1p, speedy switch on work mode A/B + TDR

Not a good translation of what it does

Now the manual would have told you that if they had someone that knows English write it instead of using google translate.

It says right on the box for my uvd1p, speedy switch on work mode A/B + TDR

Not a good translation of what it does

Ya, I had a heck of a time figuring out the radio from the manual, most of it was trial and error on my part.

Wouxun Whoooo's

I have probably wasted 20 hours trying to enter data to my wouxun.....3 model. I dl'd the wouxun and the commander programs. I put in the data like I thought it should go but when written to the radio everything was wrong...offset, pl's etc. Thanks to KQ4KK I was rescued, at least on computer data entry. Apparently the 600hz 2 meter or 5mhz has to be figured manually in the transmit and receive columns. It also does not figure the offsets like the more expensive talkies. I think it is a good buy but could have gotten a better written manual. Even You-Tube videos not helpful.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned