• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UV8D Frequency Expansion Software

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Some retailers selling the Wouxun KG-UV8D are limiting the frequency range of the Wouxun KG-UV8D. The radio's transmit range is easily modified using any of the standard Wouxun programming cables along with the appropriate software. The software necessary to expand the TX range is attached to this thread.

After you download and install the software (assuming you have the programming cable driver properly installed), you will see the following screen upon launch:

3203-1415945994-fe48a98279b0ef27e62139d952ec8d1c.jpg

The Down Arrow downloads the radio's frequency range to the computer. The first line of each group (430M & 144M) is the radio's capable frequency range. The second line is the current configured transmit range. You can change these to be anything within the bandwidth specified by the radio's capability. All you have to do is change the second line in each group to the desired band limits. Press the Up arrow to write the changes to the radoi.

Attachments

• KG-UV8D_Freq_Limit.ex_
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,526

Is there a expansion software for WOUXUN KG-UV8E to expand TX above 148Mhz/450Mhz,seems my unit is only staying in Part 97,,thanks

I can't figure out how to expand it in chirp and everything loads in the radio but gives me a "FRQ OVER" ERROR. I have the receive freqs just find. Guess I don't know what options to set.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated