• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UV920P

This UV920 radio is a very interesting radio for the price. It seems to have a lot of good features and from reviews I have seen it sounds good and works well. There seems to be a few quirks with doing some things with it but overall not a bad rig for the money.

For me personally this rig is tempting, and I own both a Wouxon, and a Baofeng HT and really like them. But I think for cross band repeater use, I would prefer to go with the Kenwood TM V71A mainly because I enjoy the remote cross band ability of the Kenwood. . I've had a Kenwood, Icom, and a Yaesu mobile, and they all did crossbanding but none of them could be run remotely from my HT like the Kenwood can... You can turn the TM V71 on, off, change freq's, change power levels, change CTCSS, etc, all from your HT as long as youre in range of the radio you can set anything on it remotely with your HT or your mobile rig if youre on the road and need to get into a repeater that you can only access with your base unit its great to be able to pick your repeater frequency remotely via your HT or mobile. I like the idea of being able to be outside relaxing in my yard and just use my HT to control the mobile thats inside via my HT. Maybe thats laziness I'm not sure but it sure is a nice feature since I dont need to be in the shack sitting at the radio to turn the crossbanding off or on or change settings on the rig.

There is also a " P " model of the UV920 Wouxon mobile, and its supposed to have a few more features over the " R " model but I'm not sure what those features include. The Ebay pricing does seem very attractive and if the UV920 could do the remote cross band like the Kenwood does I'd buy one tomorrow....

not reliable, twice

Think twice before purchasing a 920. I have had 2 pas go out in 2 months. Antenna system is good, quality is Not.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1