• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UV920R VHF/UHF Mobile Transceiver Review

I wish I had read my reveiw befor I purchased the wouxon. Probably would have gone with the Kenwood. Keisha at wouxon did say there was a pa problem in pre august radios and will ship a new updated radio body to my home from the factory. I hope this helps any prospective buyers.

Good to know. I had a store steer me clear of them, as the fella told me that they had way too many returns on them and quit selling them. The HT's are another story, over 1000 sold and less than 1% had issues. I decided on a Kenwood V71A (Thanks Eric, Mad Scientist for the advice), and a Larsen 2/70B. Getting excellent reports!

I hope Wouxun can get this rig straightened out, because it would be a good value if they can work out the bugs.

RT307

Your welcome. glad you like it. You ought to try out the vgs-1 voice module for it, it's pretty neat. Looking into 220 now. Not sure if I want to go with the jetstream or the tyt. I heard allot of reports of the mic falling apart on the tyt's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.