• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

Hey guys.
So I used the unlock, listened to some out-of-regular-band Rx... but now, there seem to be a problem with a built-in mic. I've reset everything back using both unlock with a saved original Freq range, and last backup - no help.

I can use external mic, but there is definitely lots of background noise coming through.

Do you think my problem related somehow to Freq unlock, or this is unrelated problem?

I really don't see how this can be related to change the TX/RX range. The radio is purposefully built to handle a wide range of frequencies, and is even Part 90 approved. It sounds like you might have a different issue with your radio.

I really don't see how this can be related to change the TX/RX range. The radio is purposefully built to handle a wide range of frequencies, and is even Part 90 approved. It sounds like you might have a different issue with your radio.

I think you're right, but I just wanted to check with the community if anyone can think of a reason if my problem was related to unlock tweak.

I will see if I can figure this one out. Thanks!

No, what I was asking is can I listen to 27 and 121 and all those other freqs on the RX or do they have to be in the specified bands mentioned previously?

The radio does not have a general coverage receiver like some other HTs. You can only listen to frequencies that are within the ranges specified.

The radio does not have a general coverage receiver like some other HTs. You can only listen to frequencies that are within the ranges specified.

That is what I was afraid of. Thank you for confirming. However, with this unlock I should be able to get GRMS and FRS correct?

usb driver for wouxun KG-UVD1P n others compatible

Here is the software you need to program the Wouxun KG-UVD1P (and other models) for extended transmit and receive.

Download the attached file and rename the file extension to .exe. Simply run it with your interface cable and radio attached. Input valid frequency ranges for both TX and RX for your radio model (check Wouxun KG-UVD1P & KG-UVD2 for info) and download to your radio.

The allowed frequency range variations for the KG-UVD1P are:
2m/440 version
144-148 & 420-450 (TX)
136-174 & 350-470 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 400-480 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 420-520 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 400-470 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 350-470 (RX/TX)
144-146 & 430-440 (RX/TX)
2m/220 version

136-174 & 245-250 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 216-280 (RX/TX)
136-174 & 225-226 (RX/TX)

Note: the software does not have any settings to specify COM port. I had to also open the Wouxun memory editor software, specify the port and then make several attempts to write the frequency ranges until the software figured out which port to use. You just have to fool around with it and it will eventually work.

EDIT: A new version has been attached called 1KG-XXX-unlock.exe. I have verified that this also works on my radio. There are no COM port settings on this version, but if you keep hitting the Read Radio button it finds the correct COM port by trial and error. Once you've found it using the Read function, it will write using the same port. The buttons on the left are translated from top to bottom as "Open File", "Save File", "Read Radio", "Write Radio".

SECOND EDIT: I've replaced the attached 1KG-XXX-unlock.exe with an English translation. I've also provided a direct link to the program for download here: http://www.worldwidedx.com/misc/1KG-xxx-unlock.exe. Note, you're browser may prevent you from download an executable file. In that event, download one of the attached files and rename the .ex_ extension to .exe to run the program

if you have trouble about the COM port setting , pls download the USB driver from here China Two Way Radios,Handheld Walkie Talkies & Interphone, ...
~So many thanks to you and now my KG-UVD1P are possible to TX / RX from 0Mhz to 999Mhz ... w0W ! :whistle:

Hello radio gods. i'm new to this arena. just bought the wouxun KG-UV3D and would like to unlock it.

V - tx 144-148mhz rx 136 - 174 mhz
U - tx 420 - 450mhz rx 420 - 520mhz

what ranges what you unlock this radio is my question. thanks

Someone said *or at least I thought they did* that CHP freqs could be heard with this radio mod, but I checked CHP freqs, and they are WAAAY below what the ranges given in this thread are. Was I mistaken, or can someone shed some light on this.

There is a known problem using the external mic cutting off the built in mike If I remember right go in to menu nine the fix is there it’s been a long time since I went through it I found it here when I did a search on this site.

Hi all !

I found this thread by chance while searching for a way too unlock my MAAS AHT-2-UV (..it's actually a Wouxun KG-UVD1P radio from a german radio supplier)
After reading through all of the 14 pages of this thread i decided to test the unlocking software found on first page.

I had no prior experience whit modifying radio nor computer programming a radio. A total new-beginner.

I did a sucessfull unlock of my KG-UVD1P ( Serial J11) by using the following:

*Programing kit package (includes Software + USB drivers for Win XP / Vista/7): China Two Way Radios,Handheld Walkie Talkies & Interphone
*Unlocking software (Found on first page of thread)

I had a slight problem whit not finding the correct COM port.
But i solved it by plugging the USB cable into a random plug => starting up SETCOM application (found in USB Driver for Win-XP map / that comes included in the programing kit package from Wouxun) => Click on the one only "highlighted" port => Click Change too... "COM1" => Click "Set"=> Click "Exit".

After that i started unlocking software and choosed " Write (radio)". After that i got the frequenzies i didn't have before.
Tested it out by mailing a friend to get on 155.475 Mhz ( new freq. that i didn't have before) and i transmitted on that frequenzie and he could here me.

That was my story.

And thank you Moleculo for compiling everything on first page.

Yukikaze,
Just be aware that transmitting on police and fire freqs can bring trouble if your heard by them. Note that you could be on an input freq and not hear them but your still interfering with them.
It is safer to stay in the legal ham bands and just listen to the rest.
In some areas the 155.475 is still for active police and fire.

Just a thought...

Sorry if this is slightly o/t but has anybody successfully used the unlock software with the KG-819? I`m having a mare of a job programming it, and was hoping the issue was with the locked channels

I have created a rather unique problem through my own foolish lack of attention to detail. I hooked my KG-816 up to the computer thinking it was my KG-UVD1P, and then wrote my file to it using KG-UV Commander. It then seemed to be stuck in the 400-470 mHz band. I hoped that by bringing up the proper Wouxun software for the 816 I could just re-write the proper data, but to no avail. Every time I read from the radio it tells me that my normal channels are back, but the 'usable Function' window tells me that the current frequency is 400.xxx. If I try to dial a frequency in below that, it will not go lower. I tried the utilities posted at the start of this thread, no luck either.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Help Please !!

Is there anyone who can help me please ? I just picked up a KG-UV2D . I entered my clubs freq info but I am getting nothing . Earlier I was getting the green light but no audio was coming from either the speaker or when I plugged in my headphones . Im getting abit frusterated. How can I get this back to the original setup that it shipped from the factory as .
Thanks
Will C
Shalom72c@msn.com

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.