• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun lists 400-480MHZ or 420-520MHZ - Why the difference & what is heard on the end

nicksort

Jan 23, 2011
Hello everyone -

I just passed my Tech exam and I am waiting for the database to publish my call letters.

I am looking for a HT and I have been reading as much as I can on both the Wouxun KG-UVD1P and the UV3D radios and I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer for.

What is the differences that I should be aware of when the manufacture lists frquency ranges of

400-480MHZ
420-520MHZ

Is there anything special I can listen to between the 400-420 or the 480-520 that they offer?

Living in AZ near the US/MEX Border there is a lot of movement of US Border patrol and Police not to mention the multiple military locations around here. I am sure they do not use any freq that I could listen to but it would be nice if I could.

Any suggestions on which radio to get and which freq range?

Who knows why Wouxun made the frequency range like that? It's probably some firmware limitation. The difference in what you will hear will depend greatly on what frequencies are in use in your specific area. The best way to find that out is to google for some scanner frequencies in your city/county and see what you find.

Who knows why Wouxun made the frequency range like that? It's probably some firmware limitation. The difference in what you will hear will depend greatly on what frequencies are in use in your specific area. The best way to find that out is to google for some scanner frequencies in your city/county and see what you find.

thanks for the reply back....
I deceded that I was going to purchase 2 units to capture the 3 bands that I wanted and just before I made the purchase a slightly used VX-7R was offered to me for less then the combined cost of both Wouxun radios so I bought the VX-7.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.