• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow...guess what I seen at the gas station by the interstate?

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
A guy had a truck pulling a big trailer that was filled end to end 15ft high with rolls of Andrew hardline...He said he was headed to Arkansas to scrap it....there was some of the smaller hardline....I guess he bought it cheap at a salvage auction.

It could have been some of the leftover REAL andrew heliax from before commscope took over.
I know that right before crown castle took over andrews shelter division, the shelter plant in newnan georgia dumped ALL of their heliax in dumpsters...
along with several overloaded pallets of computers and office equipment...didn't even try to scrap it.
There were thousands of feet of everything from 6" to 1/4" heliax just waiting for the trash truck.
Well, six 1000' rolls of FSJ2-50 never got to see the trash truck. and the good part is that amphenol pl259s will screw right on ;)

I actually miss working for andrew but the interoffice drama, BS and redtape put an end to Docs dream....

The guy said it came from cell ph towers...they must be making good money....you should have seen the f350 pickup they were driving....all custom paint with the name of their salvage company.....all lifted up with huge tires on chrome rims....chrome billet everywhere.....sharpest pickup I ever seen.

ahhh so it was used, the stuff I was referring to was brand new that got thrown away.

you saw some outfit that got paid to do a changeover and they replaced lines and antennas and scrapped the copper. I've done that a few times

ahhh so it was used, the stuff I was referring to was brand new that got thrown away.

you saw some outfit that got paid to do a changeover and they replaced lines and antennas and scrapped the copper. I've done that a few times

I wish I had all that copper.
A friend of mine who I got my tower and moonraker off.....he just put up 2 towers with 8 element beams....one vert...the other horz.....both have brand new Andrew heliax hardline.

if it's new as in the past 10 years new, then it's really commscope.
there was one hell of a takeover back around 2000 where andrew bought up all of its suppliers as well as a few tower companies as well as some of american tower properties.
then some american tower employees that were part of the deal came into andrew corporate in orland park, il and started cleaning house.
somewhere in the middle of this commscope, who andrew had been trying to buy, bought the product line and rights to the andrew name.

I personally don't like the quality of commscopes cable but it does its job on getting rf from point a to point b.

Interesting background on the company QROdx..........I asked him did he have any rg-213 in there somewhere.....he laughed and said no...just the big stuff.

Interesting background on the company QROdx..........I asked him did he have any rg-213 in there somewhere.....he laughed and said no...just the big stuff.

You didn't offer him some $ for a couple feet of it ? I woulda(y)

★ Sent from my Droid★

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.