• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow talk about pricy

I had a better impression of 'Force12' before reading that ad. It's got a little bit of truth
in it, but not much. I'm afraid I wouldn't buy from them if I were looking for a 3 element
beam. They kind'a expensive...
- 'Doc

I had a better impression of 'Force12' before reading that ad. It's got a little bit of truth
in it, but not much. I'm afraid I wouldn't buy from them if I were looking for a 3 element
beam. They kind'a expensive...
- 'Doc

It's not the same Force 12 it was in the early 2000's when I bought my C-3SS yagi. They were building them to order then and they were very well made antennas.

Also the 11 meter yagi being sold in the auction is available on the Force 12 website for half the price that it's selling for in the auction. Not sure what's up with that.

Didn't look on the Force 12 site so don't know about the price thingy. eBay is a good place to sell stuff, but not a good place to buy stuff, price wise. How many times have you seen things on eBay at higher prices than the same thing can be bought from the manufacturer?
- 'Doc

Ohhhh most everytime i look on there :D

INNOVANTENNAS 28-LFA4 28-LFA-4, INNOVANTENNAS 28LFA4 R&L Electronics

Force 12 and INNOVANTENNAS are now the same...Innovantennas needed a stateside facility and a "Merger" was worked out.
I run the 5 element LFA/4.1m boom on 6m and this antenna is for real.
Many of the 6m geeks are using them all the way up to the 11 element/60ft+ boom....
I LIKE MINE, just wish when I purchased the 5 element, I would have spent just another $125 more($360 vs. $240 usd) and got the 7 element on the 20ft boom.
Very well designed and made, quality materials.
However the assembly directions Suck! Maybe now with stateside support it's better.
Now that I have my HAZER/H4 and 60 ft of ROHN 25G. I'll get a second 5 element and stack them over the top of my HB 4 element Tri-bander and the 40m dipole kit.
I need a hole dug and some welding on my tilt base and she's going up.:pop:
All the Best
Gary

Does the antenna come with some new FET's to rebuild the frond end of your receiver? Seems like low noise front end would be more appropriate marketing for a receiver than an antenna.

these guys are dreaming if they think folks are going to shell out 500 bucks to an ebay outfit with a feedback score of 0. LOL
LC

Its Innovantennas selling under the Force 12 brand in the USA since they took it over.

They're selling their Innovantenna LFA yagi. They have an excellent reputation here in the UK and are not known for bullshitting the numbers.

The gain figures take into account ground reflection over good ground and are as modelled in NEC. The build quality of their antennas is second to none as is the service, at least here in the UK. Certainly here in the UK they're known for complying with customer requests, one common one is making the boom collapsible for easier transportation by clubs and individuals who use them for field day.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.