• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Cobra 148 gtl for parts

BigMike357

Apr 2, 2020
I am looking for a Cobra 148 gtl for parts want case front panels switched etc looking for a
complete broken radio. let me know what you have.
Thanks

i am looking for a whole radio to restore one I have i need a s/rf cal swr switch
Keep in mind there are several versions of the 148 out there. The older, Phillipines built version with the mic plug on the side is much more in demand than later versions.

I hope you are willing to pay market value, as you are going to have a tough time finding one for less unless you get super lucky and find a garage sale or thrift store score somewhere.......
Radio enthusiasts know that they are a valuable radio, even when not working.

From time to time I see dead ones being sold for parts on ebay, so it is worth checking. Don't expect it to be cheap though ! I see working ones going for absolutely insane prices, so even a parts radio is likely to be hundreds of dollars, especially if it is complete.

That switch you are looking for can likely be found in other radios of the same vintage, or you may find someone on ebay parting out a 148 that has it for sale.
Good luck in your search !

Keep in mind there are several versions of the 148 out there. The older, Phillipines built version with the mic plug on the side is much more in demand than later versions.

I hope you are willing to pay market value, as you are going to have a tough time finding one for less unless you get super lucky and find a garage sale or thrift store score somewhere.......
Radio enthusiasts know that they are a valuable radio, even when not working.

From time to time I see dead ones being sold for parts on ebay, so it is worth checking. Don't expect it to be cheap though ! I see working ones going for absolutely insane prices, so even a parts radio is likely to be hundreds of dollars, especially if it is complete.

That switch you are looking for can likely be found in other radios of the same vintage, or you may find someone on ebay parting out a 148 that has it for sale.
Good luck in your search !
This is a Phillipines radio, they took that out to put a channel switch with three xtals on it wired to original xtal. I want to do away with that mod on the front just restore it get looking better the top and bottom covers look like crap, etc Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.