• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Cobra 148 GTL inner knob

CB590

W9WDX Member
Jun 29, 2016
Trenton Nj
www.590dx.com
I have a side mic 148 GTL from 96 that I need an inner knob for the RF Gain/SWR Cal as mine is cracked and won't stay on the shaft.

Pic of inside of knob showing cracked and pic of radio for reference.

I am located in PA.

Please PM if anyone has a parts radio that has one that will fit this one.

IMG_20181107_202517319.jpg

IMG_20181107_165317737_LL~2.jpg

Sorry I dont have an extra knob for you, and I cant make out the crack in the fuzzy picture, but is it possible to pull the crack a little wider and sneak some epoxy in there? If so, then wrap something around the knob (tape?) to hold it tight until it dries.

Its a different animal, but I've used epoxy to repair other knobs, such as this one....

Good luck

K

Reactions: CB590 and Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned