• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB CW paddle

The first question is how much experience do you have in using one? The reason for that is that there are all kinds of paddles ranging from those that require very little effort to work right, to those that require some 'muscle' to get to work. Are you sort of 'delicate' or 'heavy handed' on a key? And then, if there any particular 'style' that you think more of than others?
If you don't mind waiting a little while, I may have a Bencher BY-1 for sale. (Vibroplex just came out with a new paddle and I'm going to try it.) That BY-1 is sort of looked down on by the really 'hard-core' CW guys. But I've found that it does just fine. If you knock it around a lot of course it'll not stand up (come apart). But, you have to learn to use any key well. And I guess I'm not as "perfect" a CW'er as some? It's probably the most common paddle you'll find. Not too many people will spend the $$$ for a Bengali or Kent, etc. I don't keep up with prices so can't make a guess what a used Bencher goes for. I can say that 65 - 75% of the going new price is reasonable. What do you think?
- 'Doc

(here's another one; http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/367558 )

(If you're really serious about it, I'd recommend getting a new paddle! There's no telling about used ones, they may be 'perfect', but then again, they may not be.)

Last edited:
Mother China makes...

My favorite paddle. I have a veritable bug, straight key and paddle museum. I own cheap ones, surplus and fancy nancy ones, but my favorite that I use daily, is my little uniHAM.

uniHAM

I use this paddle daily and rarely use anything else, except while mobile.

I always look for something different when I scan the hamfest tables, but usually all I see is junk (at least around here).

the little capacitive keyers are pretty cool and take a little practice.

I do like the bencher paddles also...Plus they can be had cheap from frustrated users that give up.

BTW, I use a light touch. Cracks me up when I see heavy fisters beating and slapping the damn device all over the table, looks like they are having a seizure and about to shit themselves.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.