• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB Power supply

that's probably more like it airplane, cuz my entire house although not big, only needs a 100 amp service.

It would be foolish to try and run a 16 pill as a base. Might as well go tubes and be done with it.

Shows how much you know.
I'm a tube man myself....but there are plenty out there getting it done with the dave-made and all those other transistor amps. :)

Last edited:
It would be foolish to try and run a 16 pill as a base. Might as well go tubes and be done with it.

I AGREE I TO ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO HAD A BRAINIAC IDEA SUCH AS THIS AND THEN SEEN WHAT EVERYTHING WAS GONNA COST AND ALSO ALL THE OTHER COMMON SNAGS WITH SETTING IT UP FORE BASE USE SO THE AMP SAT AND I FINALLY SOLD IT 2 YEARS AGO ;)

I AGREE I TO ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO HAD A BRAINIAC IDEA SUCH AS THIS AND THEN SEEN WHAT EVERYTHING WAS GONNA COST AND ALSO ALL THE OTHER COMMON SNAGS WITH SETTING IT UP FORE BASE USE SO THE AMP SAT AND I FINALLY SOLD IT 2 YEARS AGO ;)

weird I too am having those same thoughts. :headbang

I googled this pic......you got the cash you can buy one....personally I get more of a thrill out of making dx contacts with low power.

16 pill base amp.

DAVEMADE16PILLBASE.jpg

Last edited:
Shows how much you know.
I'm a tube man myself....but there are plenty out there getting it done with the dave-made and all those other transistor amps. :)

Eastside you missed the whole point. Can you buy a monster power supply and
"make it work", sure. But why? In a home you have high voltage and low amperage right there in a wall outlet. If you want 2000+ watts that plugs into the wall tubes are the way to go for a base.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.