• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: SB200 parts

GnG8d

Jun 28, 2010
Ohio
I'm looking for the RF shield in a Heathkit SB200. PM me with info please.

RFShield.jpg

Sometimes those chassis show up on QTH classifieds.

Or flea bay for parts or repair but last time I looked the parts or repair were being sold for what a working amp is worth.

If you have any metal shops in your area you may be able to get one manufactured. Or rol your own, most metal suppliers will sell to the public, just need to tell them the thickness and what type metal.

Yeah, I was a machinst for 20 years. I owned a small shop for 5 years until we had so many plant closings that I couldn't keep the guys busy. I was never much into sheet metal, but I figured some expanded metal with a thin sheet folded over the edges and silver soldered or brazed into place would secure the edges and give me a place for drilling mounting holes. If worse comes to worst. I'd like an original piece, but I may have to make do.

I keep an eye on ebay when I think about it, also EHAM, I'll look at QTH more closely in the future. Thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.