• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB TURNER PLUS 3

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
Pleeeeeaseee sell me your good condition Turner Plus 3/plus 3b. I beg of you.
I sold my pristine one on exiting the hobby many years ago and regret it horribly.
Shoot me a pm leave me a message here whatever works.

73s

Fortunantly I got one on ebay but has a odd like motorboating sound. Wiring seems fine not sure whats causing it. Spose I'll just start replacing components till it stops lol

Fortunantly I got one on ebay but has a odd like motorboating sound. Wiring seems fine not sure whats causing it. Spose I'll just start replacing components till it stops lol

If you have a capacitor tester then check out the electrolytic capacitors (5 axials if I remember right). While some drift occurs over time, they can still sound good, until they drift too far. I was having screwy audio issues with one of my Plus 3's and found the (trying to remember exact value) 15uf's had two over 120uf, and the bigger one was not off as much (only about 3 times the value). I replaced 'em all and all issues went away (although motorboating wasn't one of them). (y)

Reactions: lonestarbandit
It almost seems a silent squeal / grounding issue. Have to NOT have the lock ring touching the mic adapter 4 pin to 6. You cant hear it but can see it on meter and when it should be keying the box at 50w you look its keying 275 not good. Seems random Ive checked all the cables and tried diff boxes issue remains to to stock mic no issue other than weak audio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.