• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Uniden PRO510XL/520XL/Cobra 19 or other cheap radio & mag mount

buickid

304 'round the minigrass
Nov 22, 2012
Kona, Hawaii
Looking for some inexpensive equipment to set up for a friend I go off roading with. I think the 510, 520, or Cobra 19 would be great for compact size, but if the price is right, anything goes. Ideally comes with a mic, doesn't have to be the original. Also looking for a compact mag mount, Lil Wil or something similar would work fine. No need for a Wilson 5000 size antenna, we'll be less than half a mile apart at any given time.

Turn those dust collectors into cash, and let me know what you've got!

Looking for some inexpensive equipment to set up for a friend I go off roading with. I think the 510, 520, or Cobra 19 would be great for compact size, but if the price is right, anything goes. Ideally comes with a mic, doesn't have to be the original. Also looking for a compact mag mount, Lil Wil or something similar would work fine. No need for a Wilson 5000 size antenna, we'll be less than half a mile apart at any given time.

I have a 510 and 520. $85.00 + shipping. "Almost" new in factory boxes. For more information, feel free to send me a Privat Message.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

I recommend buying a NEW antenna. You would not know if a used antenna was used with an amplifier, and it may have been damaged by excessive watts. If it was damaged by excessive watts and you would struggle to adjust the antenna to obtain an acceptable SWR.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
He probably has a Walmart in Hawaii, freight from the main land would kill him or I have a good Uniden XL 520 Pro and a Wilson Lil Wil

I was not aware he is located in Hawaii. Total weight of both radios "wrapped and packed" is 6.5 lbs. Shipping to Hawaii is expensive. I recently sold an amplifier to a guy in Honolulu and the shipping cost was $60.00, but I insured the amp for $200.00. The package weighed 3.5 lbs. and delivery time was eight days.
My two radios are less than six-months old. $85.00 for two (almost new) radios plus shipping may not be a bad deal for him.

Not completely accurate.

Shipping to Hawaii if you can get the item into a USPS priority mail box is the same cost as CONUS. I’ve done business with “buickid” on several occasions. He’s good to go.
Yeah, you are correct! I had forgotten about the Flat Rate boxes. I'm somewhat spoiled by using UPS because the UPS store is closer to my home than the local post office and (except for holidays) there has never been more than two customers in line ahead of me at UPS. If buickid is interested in buying my radios, I will take the package to the local post office and obtain an estimate and maybe the shipping cost won't make him go bankrupt.

I spent $9.00 and some change to send a envelope PriorityMail to make sure the company received it on time and the idiots at USPS lost it so I'm not to fond of USPS. USPS seems to be going down hill !

I spent $9.00 and some change to send a envelope PriorityMail to make sure the company received it on time and the idiots at USPS lost it so I'm not to fond of USPS. USPS seems to be going down hill !
Let's not drift-off the original post.

WTB: Uniden PRO510XL/520XL/Cobra 19 or other cheap radio & mag mount​

Reactions: buickid
Recon, I appreciate the offer, and that's a great deal if I needed two compact sized radios, however I only need one, haha. The deal on Walmart.com isn't bad, they don't have it in stock at my local store, but they do have free shipping... Hrm

I bought my Uniden 520 from Walmart.com and I think the Lil Wil also. The Tram 300 came from there also and is like the Lil Wil but has a protective rubber cup over the magnet to protect your paint and it actually tunes out better than the Lil Wil.

Recon, I appreciate the offer, and that's a great deal if I needed two compact sized radios, however I only need one, haha. The deal on Walmart.com isn't bad, they don't have it in stock at my local store, but they do have free shipping... Hrm
As Sgt. Preston said to his dog King after each episode; "Well King, this case is closed".

Reactions: buickid
Walmart stores usually only stock the cheap little Cobra 19 Ultra but I emailed you a link to a 520 and a center load Tram antenna from Walmart.com for about $65.00 with free shipping. Should be good enough for what you want to do.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated