• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Used mag mount

you can use a large priority flatrate box and coil the stinger in there, shipping should be about $11.

Do you want just the mag-mount, or does an antenna have to come with it? I have one I don't plan on using again. It's about 7" in diameter and strong. Definitely will not support a 102" whip or an antenna with much 'sail area'. Originally chrome, but now painted. That paint will come off though. Feed line included (RG-58). Oh! It's an NMO type antenna mount. That 'killed' it, right?
- 'Doc

(It isn't as inexpensive as '15minigrass's deal, by the way!)

You have just the mount and you want more than $80? Jesus! That's quite the mount lol. I'll stay away from that. I am looking for the full antenna.

OK, too much drama.Cheaper here cheaper there they all do the same thing new or used. Yes you can strip the paint. It was the White Wilson 1000. I painted it to match my wifes Slate grey Altima but she didn't want that on there. :LOL:

Hey Spider will $50 do? I dont wanna coil the whip might get outta shape dont want you to be driving round with a bowed antenna. :LOL: Shoot me a PM if ya want it.

I'll test it out before I pack it, I ll use a tube to ship it. LMK the verdict!!!! Aloha, Jim...

I'm assuming that offer was $40, so, no, it won't be that cheap. I would certainly take $75 - $80 for it, but didn't have that in mind. :) From the sound of it, the mount that I have really wouldn't be suitable for your application, and not your best bet. I have it, don't need it, didn't really expect you to take me up on it, so no loss to either of us.
- 'Doc

I'm assuming that offer was $40, so, no, it won't be that cheap. I would certainly take $75 - $80 for it, but didn't have that in mind. :) From the sound of it, the mount that I have really wouldn't be suitable for your application, and not your best bet. I have it, don't need it, didn't really expect you to take me up on it, so no loss to either of us.
- 'Doc

Hey Doc, those are similar mounts to a wilson right? Aloha, james...

I don't think Wilson does an NMO mount antenna, probably just the 'PO' mounts that look like an SO-239 sort of.
- 'Doc

Dude, something like a mag mount antenna is usually best purchased new. There is too much that can begin to be worn after just afew years of use. The antenna system is the most important part of your set-up. Don't skimp on it and try to go cheap.

The last thing you want is a 5 year old antenna, coax has been slammed in the door several hundred times, glue on the magnet is starting to get weak, the connectors been tugged, yanked, bent, pulled on.

Order a new Wilson 1000 mag mount and be done with it. The only time a used antenna is a deal if it's hardly been used and the coax has no damage.

Well, question, what do I do if I buy the wilson 1k and I need the 66" stinger instead of the 62"? I am assuming I would buy the other one but I mean is there an easy way to make the change or do you just have to find someone who will sell the 66" etc?

Personally, buying the Wilson 1000 the first time around - means that he is relatively 'set' and really won't need improve his mobile antenna status. Sure there are a few 'better' antennas on the market. But not that much better; and not worth the bother - really. He has made a smart move by scoring a Wilson 1000.

A 'little wil' or wilson 500 are more than a bit shy on performance - IMO. I have a K-40 and won't use it, as I already compared those two awhile back. The 1000 is a real high standard for the newbie and vet alike.

A 66" whip can be had at your local CB shop - if they are as well stocked as they should be.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.