• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTS Yaesu FT-690R II 6 Meter SSB Transceiver

dksac2

Jun 8, 2013
Selling a 6 Meter Yaesu Transceiver radio that comes with the optional plug in the back linier Amplifier. This is a QRP rig that I intended to use for mountain topping, but never got the chance to. Frequency range 50.0 to 54.0
It put out 2.5 watts or 10 Watts with the amplifier. It comes with the microphone with touchtone pad, Yaesu linier amp that slides onto and locks on the back of the unit and a car mounting bracket. It has duel VFO's and Memory mode, tunes with knob or buttons on the front. Speaker and key jacks on the side and a place to mount a shoulder strap (not included), speaker is on the top of the unit.
The radio is in very good condition, all metal and hard to find. I bought it used, who ever had it took very good care of it, it even still has the removable antenna plug cover on it.
I live in a valley with mountains all the way around that VHF/UHF does not get into or out of in rural Idaho, so I've never used it. It shows a full 2.5 / 10 watts into a dummy load and modulation on the meter on the front as well as my VHF meter. It holds solid power on FM and shows full modulation in SSB mode on meter.
It has an attachment for a portable antenna (not included, but available from MFJ for a low price, one of the pull out types or connect to any antenna) as well as a portable battery pack, also not included. It has power pole connectors on the power cord. It has a lighted LCD read out that works perfect.
It is an all mode transceiver, USB, LSB, CW and FM. Has one touch reverse for split mode semi - duplex operation, selective memory scanning (up or down, push button) with priority channel, NB, SQL knob, and clarifier control.
All knobs and buttons work as they should and I have the instructions.
As I have never made a contact with it (or tried to, no 6 M antenna) due to where I live, it's sold as is, but all tests I've done show good. I have to sell it as-is because I have never used it, not because I know of anything wrong, the seller I bought it from said it worked perfect.
I'm selling it only because I need the money for a new antenna tuner.
These were quite expensive when new due to the quality and many features.
This would be the ideal QRP rig. Really a neat radio, I hate to sell it, but am retired and need the funds. It is about the size of a 2/440 portable transceiver with it's amp attached.

$225.00 shipped. I prefer USPS money order. Please contact me at kf7vxa@gmail.com as I check it several times a day or here if you need to.

73's John KF7VXA

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.