• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WWDX Robots?

LeapFrog

Wielding Hanlon's Razor
Feb 15, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska
Sorry for the click-bait title but if you look at the very bottom of the page and scroll all the way down you can see at any given time there will be some registered members on the Forum, plenty of guests and it seems like there's always over 100 "robots"! Why are there robots on the Forum and what are the purpose of them?
Indexing the thread contents? I don't get it that's why I'm asking!
Thanks
-Leap

well, right now, there are 12 members, 192 guests and and 127 robots currently using the site.

@ the top of the page, click on "dx members", then "current visitors" and you will see the list.

the web "BOTS".... BAIDU, BING, YAHOO, ect, report every update to the site pages to keep the "current page" updated, not only here , but also on just about every web site.

so when you do a search, you get the current page, not a page from last year. the site admin can turn them off if he desires to do so.

the REAL question (at least in my mind), is who are all the unnamed "guests"

well, right now, there are 12 members, 192 guests and and 127 robots currently using the site.

@ the top of the page, click on "dx members", then "current visitors" and you will see the list.

the web "BOTS".... BAIDU, BING, YAHOO, ect, report every update to the site pages to keep the "current page" updated, not only here , but also on just about every web site.

so when you do a search, you get the current page, not a page from last year. the site admin can turn them off if he desires to do so.

the REAL question (at least in my mind), is who are all the unnamed "guests"

You are correct about the bots on the site. as for the "unnamed guests" well those are simply people that have found the site and are looking at it without registering and becoming members yet. They may simply have been Googling something and hit on a page here. They are limited in what they can see however.

Reactions: LeapFrog
Radio Robots

Starroid-4.JPG

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.