• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

x force 2x4 driving an x force 16 pill

Primetime17

Jan 5, 2011
Are there any risk in me driving a 16 pill with a 2x4 driver? if so, what are they and what what be the best driver for it?

is this seat taken??

1sm213sharepopcorn.gif

drive for a 2879 has always been 10w PEP max.
Or 5 to 6watts dead key if you want some reasonable forward swing.

But as you drive more pills, you have slightly larger splitter loss.
So it might be reasonable to drive a 12 pill with 10% more per pill than you would an 8pill.

But anyone thinking of driving this with four pill is ready for the rubber room.

Are there any risk in me driving a 16 pill with a 2x4 driver? if so, what are they and what what be the best driver for it?

A 1x4 is the recommeded driver but I think a 1x2 would be a good driver too..... a 2x4 would be too touchy. Something tells me you are way over your head with a 16 pill being you aren't sure what to drive it with. Your setup has to be perfect or you will lose $30 2879s as normal.

But anyone thinking of driving this with four pill is ready for the rubber room.[/QUOTE]

You aren't too knowledgeable about 16 transistor class C amps, but a lot of people aren't. A 4 pill Texas Star 500 would be the perfect driver for a ride around setup.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.