• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

x-force amps

Yes X-Force uses their "power pills", looks like they have the PP60 and PP100. If you want Toshibas you will pay a hefty upgrade fee. They seem to talk them up real good. I suppose they are better then the DEI finals and not as good as the Toshibas. Not sure if someone like HG(HuaGao) makes these for X-Force and re-stamps them or what?

From my research, if I bought an xforce amp with the new pills I wouldn't volt them or overdrive them. That's just my opinion though. I was looking at the tnt line for ssb. For the price I decided to hold off to get my ham license and get into better quality amps even if I "can't" run them on 11 meter. Good luck with your decision.
Edit: I don't mean to say that force is low quality at all. I'm just unsure of the new transistors and with the money spent I'd rather have more options. If I wasn't going another route, I would be buying a straight 4 pill tnt but that's my preference.

Last edited:
Reactions: wavrider
i would never run a transistor amp.. im old school tubes man tubes. sounds so much better. then them class c key down garbage amps
of course my opinion dont kill me for it...
The tnt line by x force is biased and you can have bias added to the x force for an additional fee. I did look up wizard and from what I saw they are all tube. I remember hearing the name years ago but I can't remember opinions of them. I would guess they are good quality but I have to wonder what the wait time is.

I used to run Xforce amps for years, but a tube amp would be the way to go, there more for giving with a swr above a 1.3, than a pill amp is...

Well tubes are an option but they have their positive and negative points as well. Certain tubes for older amplifiers are out of this world on price. Some are very hard to find and cost a fortune when you do. All you can do is research it and buy what fits your needs.

I no from experiences of running all the older XF amps they don't like a swr above a 1.3, been there and learned a valuable lesson.....today if I was going to buy a amp, it would be a tube type no doubt about it....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.