• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Xforce amp.....good thread??

Fire away. The CB accessories area might have been a better place, but now that you are here no need to make a second post. We can talk "generally" about your questions :)

No problem, i'm newbie sorry... I looking for a 2x8 low drive ....i already have rm italy but i need to put around 10 w am dead key to drive it....xforce amp is a other kind of amp....i hear i need to have max 2w input dead key and modulation do the rest.....is right??

In the description we have this:
Typical Modulated Power Output (PEP) 1350-2550 Watts

Well.....how i can reach 2550w?? Voltage??

Thks for your help

And please don't say it's illegal....it's for industrial usage.... :))

No problem, i'm newbie sorry... I looking for a 2x8 low drive ....i already have rm italy but i need to put around 10 w am dead key to drive it....xforce amp is a other kind of amp....i hear i need to have max 2w input dead key and modulation do the rest.....is right??

In the description we have this:

Why do you need 2.5kW? Its only half a S point more than 1.25kW and only 1 S point more than 600W.

If you don't know the answers to the above then you certainly don't know how to install an antenna system so that using 2.5kW doesn't give you a bucket load of RFI issues that can give you third degree RF burns by simply holding the mike when you key up.

Why do you need 2.5kW? Its only half a S point more than 1.25kW and only 1 S point more than 600W.

If you don't know the answers to the above then you certainly don't know how to install an antenna system so that using 2.5kW doesn't give you a bucket load of RFI issues that can give you third degree RF burns by simply holding the mike when you key up.

He nailed it. If you have to ask basic questions about a 2.5kw system then you aren't ready for it. Stick with your RM amp and you'll save yourself lots of time and money.

Reactions: phantom309
Thks for your comment....aprreciate....but Anyone else can respond to my simple question please???

1) I looking for a 2x8 low drive

Do you plan to run this mobile or as a base. Mobile you're going to need a big alternator + extra batteries.

Open your wallet - new high output alternator, new batteries, new cables, probably new hardmount mobile antenna if you don't already have one.

Base - you'll need a big ass power supply, open your wallet again. You'll need a 5kw rated base tenna.

2) i already have rm italy but i need to put around 10 w am dead key to drive it

Your RM italy amp should not need 10 watts deadkey to drive it. What amp model do you have?

3) xforce amp is a other kind of amp....i hear i need to have max 2w input dead key and modulation do the rest.....is right??

Recommended deadkey output on the low drive 2 x 8 Xforce is 150w so you'll set your radio to achieve that number. It could be 2w it could be 4w, you set it by what the amp needs to achieve the recommended deadkey.

4) In the description we have this:

Answer: You won't achieve that wattage.

You'd be better off to explain your current setup first - vehicle, antenna, radio, amp, wiring, alternator, etc. Then people can explain to you what is involved with setting up a 2 x 8 amp.

90% of CBer's are not going to run larger than a 4 pill because either

a) they don't have the money to invest in a system to support a larger amp
b) they don't have the knowledge to properly install and setup a larger amp system
c) they don't need an amp that large as it's basically a waste of money for the average CBer.

Third degree RF burns from holding the mike due to stray RFI from 2.5 Kw? Really? All I got from direct contact with 10 Kw was a small spot of burned skin and an itchy spot that lasted a month or so. Again that was DIRECT contact when I touched the wrong side of a lighting choke. Note: Lighting choke not lightning choke.

Sounds to me lime the OP was asking how to achieve 2.5 Kw like the specs say it should make if it is also rated at 1350 with modulated output.

The answer is drive the piss out of it until the meter reads 2.5 Kw but completely disregard any REAL power readings or level of crap being put on the air.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.