• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Xforce is being a touch optimistic

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
Straight 8Pill - Xtreme Duty - 800HD-M
Transistors 8 x 2SC2879 StyleTransistors

Typical Driven Modulated Power Output (RMS) 675-1100 Watts

Typical Driven Modulated Power Output (PEP) 1350-2550 Watts

2550 pep swing watts using Chinese transistors? Did they redefine the word "Typical" ?

They are built for competition. No one cares how long they last or how clean the signal is. The Toshibas will do even more but the people that haven't done it don't believe it.

If a person wants to buy one of these for daily use there has to be some common sense applied. If not they will be lucky if it lasts a day.

Reactions: BBB
I have a 200hd mobile and it shows 450 watts with a galaxy 29hp driving it. never put it on a scope but the audio sounds good when listening to it. about 1 mile away from the radio setup it only bleeds 2 channels up and 2 channels down. it has less bleed over than my texas star 500HV I own. I only tried the amp when I received it. I normally do not run a amp even though I own some. I thought it would bleed all over the place but was surprised it did not. my watt meter is rather stingy also.

Reactions: 543_Dallas
I have a 200hd mobile and it shows 450 watts with a galaxy 29hp driving it. never put it on a scope but the audio sounds good when listening to it. about 1 mile away from the radio setup it only bleeds 2 channels up and 2 channels down. it has less bleed over than my texas star 500HV I own. I only tried the amp when I received it. I normally do not run a amp even though I own some. I thought it would bleed all over the place but was surprised it did not. my watt meter is rather stingy also.

450 watts peak from 2 Chinese 2879s using 40 watts peak drive and you call your meter stingy? BTW if you overdrive any amp with a nasty radio it will bleed.

Must be a heapin helping of snake oil they are a'smearing on them thar DEI transistors.

XForce is using another brand of Chinese transistors called PP100s.

Here is the colorful Xforce description.
"The PP100 RF Transistor Is A Ruggedized "Military Type" Silicon NPN RF Power Transistor".

I've had more issues with Texas Star amps than any davemade style amp. They have to use the Chinese pills too so their already poor quality has slipped...They are so cheap they use 520s for the driver in the 667 with the same crappy circuit layout that makes a really good oscillator.

Export radios cause more problems than these splatter box class C amplifiers. Even if tuned to factory spec most of them are turds. They all belong in the scrap pile.

Reactions: psycho
psycho my meter will show a single final radio at 12 to 18 watts output and others will show 16 to 20 watts and a bird even higher. a buddy of mine has a shop here local and he also checked the setup and could not beleave the output. he wanted to pull the covers on the amp but I told him no since it has the seals on it and it would void the warranty if he pulled the cover. he was wanting to see what pills it had and how they set it up to get so much out. I figured 175 to 225 max and was shocked to see what was coming out. the galaxy 29hp will peak at 60 watts also. it has mosfets in it also. the amp they claim you can put just under 100 watts into it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.