• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

XVERTER (transverter) terminal

SARGE

Dec 26, 2005
TEXAS
On the back of my Kenwood TS 930 S there is a 8 pin DIN connector to interface a VHF UHF transverter. Could some one tell me what this does, thanks.

SARGE this allows use of vhf or uhf by way of a transverter. you must have xverter and interface cable in order for TX & RX. (works while radio is in the 10m band)
Try doing a google search for xverters,i know tentec use to sell them.

I looked into them before I got my VHF radios. I believe 10 meter for 2 meters and 20 meters for 6 meters. The problem I faced is that the transverters can't take much power from the HF radio and my Yaesu doesn't have variable power on SSB. I was hoping to be able to use the full power from the HF rig.

Transverters are devices that allow you to use your existing (often 10 meter) radio to operate on other bands for which there may not be a wide selection of radios, such as the 222 mhz, 900 mhz, 1240 mhz bands.

Using your existing radio, by connecting a transverter, your 10 meter radio will now transmit and receive on another band.
This is especially handy for someone who would like to operate 222 SSB since there isn't much in the way of allmode 220 rigs around.

DownEast Microwave manufactures transverters.

Sonwatcher said:
I looked into them before I got my VHF radios. I believe 10 meter for 2 meters and 20 meters for 6 meters. The problem I faced is that the transverters can't take much power from the HF radio and my Yaesu doesn't have variable power on SSB. I was hoping to be able to use the full power from the HF rig.

What model radio do you have??

novakor, Sonwatcher, thanks for the help I undrestand how it works now. I am going to do some more research, not planning on doing it was just curios how it worked. Thanks again for the help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned