• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu 101

Number15

May 18, 2005
Stockton CA.
I have a yaesu 101 and it has a 1/4 in microphone jack, i was wondering if this jack can be replaced useing a standerd 4 pin microphone jack any info ????? Thank u all.

I found this-

michook.gif

On your setup-
A ¼ inch stereo jack plug is used for the microphone, slightly unusually the tip is the ptt connection and the ring is the mic live. The sleeve is of course earth.

I don't know if this helps.

Far as I know, the original FT-101 (NO suffix letters) was it. Their tube-type transceivers of that era all used the 1/4-in. plug, including the FT-200, sold in the USA as the "Tempo 1".

My FT-101 (no suffix) has the 4-pin, but that just makes it a late version of the original model. Yours is just earlier.

There might or might not be more serial-number type info to be had from Fox Tango International. They do have a wealth of info on Yaesu's early products there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.