• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu 757gx II worth ?

CamoRedneck

KJ4PUF
Feb 28, 2008
SE Florida
Guys would a yaesu 757gx II in mint condition with a matching power supply be worth $500.00. I've talked on it and get good reports. Thanks for your opinions.

I would not pay that much for the radio, it is a decent rig, however Yaesu has abandoned it, and if you have any problems with the processor or Finals your going to be looking at obsolete and very difficult to obtain replacements. I'm not sure about the rest of the radio.

I think my point is for that amount of cash there are some modern options.

Yupp becareful as said Yaesu no longer services that and many other older rigs radio and supply together offer $400.00 or $275.00 to $300.00 just for radio depending on condition bracket manual?? ETC ;)

Yupp and remember getting parts for that 757 or most parts will be next to impossible if it should ever need a major repair.You can purchse a more current chassis radio with todays technology for $500.00 ;)

Not worth the asking price. Offer $200. Might go to $250 if you're desperate. Other wise, pass.
- 'Doc

Wasn't that big a seller when new.

In mint condition, I might go $250. It would have to be pristine.

They aren't a horrible rig, but they certainly aren't much better than just good. They were entry level 20yrs ago and technology has totally passed them by with the new entry level rigs like the FT-450 or the older IC-718.

I got a TS-680 (TS-140) in like new condition for $200 about ten years ago. I think the receiver on those is better than the 757. I've had more than one 757 over the years too.

The 718 was the very one I was going to mention! For not much more $$ you can get a NEW radio and buy an Astron PS and have a WARRANTY to boot.

In its day the 757 was a good radio & I had a complete 757 station back in the 80's. Sold it for the reasons everybody has mentioned: its AGE, and I knew that I would eventually not be able to get parts for it.

CWM

I am surprised that nobody mentioned that the 757 is the EASIEST rig ever made to put on 11 meters, and they actually work pretty damn good on am too.:whistle:
Just a thought.

PR

Reactions: 1 person
I am surprised that nobody mentioned that the 757 is the EASIEST rig ever made to put on 11 meters, and they actually work pretty damn good on am too.:whistle:
Just a thought.

PR

along with how many others? Not sure if that warrants the inflated asking price, or the frustration you would end up with if a major component fails. If it were cheap enough I'd probably bite...

i did what everyone mentioned about flipping the micro switch behind the front panel for 11 meters (CB). the results were nothing............no output power on my meter. what else has to be done to convert the Yaesu 757GX for CB use?
contact me on here or by email.................mwinn84@yahoo.com

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.