• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu 767

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Is there anyone else out here that runs one of these or anyone that has had one?? I am just curious what they can tell me about them any problems that are common

i have one with the modules, its the kind of radio you either like or hate, the only problems i can think of is the alc preset going noisy, had to fix a few of those for other people, the meter lights fail and my original 2mtr module went faulty needing to be turned on for a while before it would work so i got a new one and never got round to looking at the old one, other than that its been very good to me over the past 10 years or so, many radios have come and gone but somehow i always keep it as a backup rig that will get me everywhere i need to go in one big old box.

I've had one since they came out, way back when, anyhow...Other than just lately I've never had any problems.

I was off the air for several years and I let all my radios sit in the basement, sometimes damp, sometimes super dry, I think the biggest was lack of use. So when I got the bug to get on again, it wouldn't function. None of the push buttons worked, couldn't key it with the mic or the key, the batteries appear to have gone to whereever batteries go when they expire.

Had the same problem, almost, with the Kenwood 2 Mtr multimode, wouldn't respond to the turning of the VFO dial, it did key up and the crystal selector worked.

So I sat there for a bit pushing buttons, spinning dials etc and finally got both the radios to respond to my wishes, 20 some minutes was sure a lot better than packing and shipping 'em off to some repair shop.

Looks like you have to treat the radio equipment just like a woman, FREQUENT tender loving care or else they'll go into disrepair.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.