• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu 857D

I have 9 or 10 HF Rigs but love my Ft-897D and FT-857D models the only other 2 I really use are my FT-450 and FT-990 although my Kenwood TS-50 and matching AT-50 tuner is an outstanding setup I dont use it much anymore and often think about selling that bulletproof setup. I dont know if Ide ever sell my 857 or 897 because they do it all so to speak.

Yaesu ATAS 120 captures all the features of the radio. I have one on my pickup and it has worked great without any of the problems I've heard from others. I also have one mounted in the attic of my two story house. It has been utilized with my second 857 before I put up an end fed long wire. The long wire edged out the 120 Right now its connected to Yaesu FRG-7 using an MFJ ATAS controller. The mobile setup has netted me some of the longest contacts. Not really great on 2m & 70cm but makes the local repeaters without difficulty. I'd suggest using a vhf/uhf antenna in conjunction 857.

My $.02

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.