• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FP 29 power supply .

triplex

Sep 6, 2009
Hi Every one .
I need some help with my Yaesu FP 29 power supply heres the deal
i have not used it very much it has been stored in the original box
for about a year or with my yaesu ft 1000 mp mark 5 the 200 watt version ,
the other day
i got them out and set them up to use me and my dad used
it for about an hour or so we went to dinner we got back
the radio was off
so i hit the switch on the fp 29 and it would
only show the red pilot lamp for about half of a second and thats it
it would not even come on if it was unhooked from the 1000 m5 .

Does anyone have any ideas on what has happened with it or where do i start to check it out?
I know i can have it repaired at yaesu but would like to try and repair it myself if i can before i send it out for repairs.
Thanks for your help or ideas ! (y)

OH by the way is there any good repair shops around Kelso Washington
if i can not repair it myself or i would even try to buy a good one if there is one to be found.
Thanks again .

Hi
Thanks for the reply the fuse is good the 29 will come on but it will just go back off after about half of a second no blown fuse .

TRIPLEX -

The supply will not turn on if the FP-1000's power switch is already on, and it will not turn on if it is not connected. Make sure the power switch on the 1000 is off before trying to turn on the supply.

Hi
This power supply can run without the 1000v being hooked up to it i have used it to power a small 12 volt radios before .
It is a dual power supply it has 13.8 V at 3 amps section for the radio its self and it has a 30 V at 15 amps section for the high output of the 1000 v
there is only four wires that come out of the back a red + and a black - for the 12 v and the same for the 30 v r+ b- but these wires are a lot bigger .
I have the fp 29 apart right now and there is no burnt or smoked parts that i can see by just looking at it .
there is a little fan in it to keep it cool it does not even come on but it is good i took it out and checked it ,it runs just fine the power switch is in good working order also..
Thanks for the reply !
Is there any other ideas out there i have all of the paper work that came with this setup .

Hi All
I think i have found a fix for my FP 29 power supply on this link.
FP-29
But it seem to hard for me to do so i am going to send it to Yeasu .
Thanks for the help i did get here anyway .(y)

Hi All
I think i have found a fix for my FP 29 power supply on this link.
FP-29
But it seem to hard for me to do so i am going to send it to Yeasu .
Thanks for the help i did get here anyway .(y)
What was the fix ? I too have same issue with the power supply where the led comes on for a second and then diminishes ? The link you posted doesn’t seem to work for me .
I did replaced all the capacitors in this power supply but still does not work properly

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated