• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu FT 107M does not power on.

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I picked up a Yaesu Ft107m last week and I plugged it in 110v and turned it on nothing comes on or shows any power. I checked fuse OK and power switch it was ok. It looks to be in very good condition. What is the next place to look? Thanks

The Yaesu FT-107M is a solid-state HF transceiver covering 160 to 10 meters in SSB, CW, AM and FSK modes. There is also WWV/JJY receive at 5 MHz. Power input is 240 watts on SSB/CW and 80 watts on AM/FSK. It features a digital display and an analog subdial. The supplied SSB filter is 2.4 kHz. The FT-107M requires 13.8 VDC at 20 Amps. This radio does not have general coverage receive. It is supplied with a DC cable.
I plugged it in 110v
????

Plugged into wall? Burned radio must be what we smell

They also have an (optional) internal AC power supply.

The next place to look will be the transformer secondary wiring for 13.8 volts +/-

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
If it has an option of using 12 volts I would try that 1st.I am not up on the radio but if it has AC & DC the try Both.

SIX-SHOOTER

Well Roadsquawker I went to check 110v transformer and there was not one there. The power AC to DC converter was taken out so 110 plug in did nothing. So BJ Radionut you were also right it only powers up on 12v but did at one time have a internal 110v one also. I did power it up by using 12v outside outlet and lights up and has receive will also key up but no transmit. Still checking it out. I see relay in front of pill amplifier section is not keying up but other relay is.

Reactions: Woody-202
Well got FT107m working there were a couple of bad disc capacitors broken on bottom and after i made a correct 12v plug to supply unit all started working better. Radio still will not do over 45 watts output on AM or SSB i believe the 2 pill amplifier section not working the relay in that area not keying but do not know why not. I bought radio to go to 28.328 USB to talk to local hams but radio stops at 28,050 someone has changed one or two crystals in it so it will not do all 10 meter band. It receives great and does sound good on the air locals on 11 meter have said. It is still a work in progress. Now i need to find location of crystals and which ones to change and frequency of them. Thanks please give more input if you have it.

Well it has been since 2020 and I have 11 meter crystal installed and have been using it up on 10 meters every week . I really like this old radio it does all I need right now. Thanks to all for help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated