1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Yaesu FT-250R Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by westtexan, Aug 30, 2011.

1. westtexan

westtexan Member

I've had this FT-250R for several months. It is my first and only HT, but I have been happy with performance so far. I do plan to purchase an SMA/SO-239 jumper cable to take advantage of my mobile antenna while on the road.

Pros:
    - Durable construction and sturdy belt clip
    - Plenty of features
    - Angled display that can be read from top while on belt (albeit upside down)

Cons:
    - Plenty of features (but I guess any modern radio has complex menus and multi-function buttons)
    - Small buttons
    - Not much use for the Monitor button. My mobile radio doesn't have this, so I just turn the squelch all the way down. Why is this necessary on an HT?
    - Only 2m...I'm really missing the 70cm band :(

Attached Files:

2. cbradiomagazine.com

cbradiomagazine.com 2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana

Good review. I also own one of these and it's one of the best 2 meter hand helds I've used. Buttons are too small but otherwise no complaints.

I can work all the local repeaters easily and the battery life when just monitoring is excellent. For the price a great and easy to use radio.