• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft-2900r no pl with tx

KD8NKK

Feb 20, 2010
hamilton ohio
i have a ft-2900r that has been working great for over two years. but now whin i try to talk on a repeter. it will key up but it does not send the ctccs (pl) tone with it needed to open up the repeter. i have master reset it.
reprogramed it put a new mic on it. changed antennas.
nothing seems to fix it.
i have noticed that it seems to key up with the pl tone when it is cold. but after only a few sec it will not key up with the needed pl tones.

does anyone have any ideas what might be going on with it?

thank you for all your help

If you did a full reset on the radio - and it still has the same problem; then I would get an return order and send it into Yaesu.
Unless your eyesight is solid enough to work on surface mount parts.

Check to see if the repeater tone was changed. I had it happen to me. I could not open 2 repeater after using them for years. Later I found out was not my equipment. But a pl change. It can't hurt to check.

Reactions: 1 person
THANKS FOR THE REPLYS. I CHECKED THE PL TONE. AND I CAN BREING IT UP WITH A HT. BUT NOT THE FT-2900R. FOR SOME REASON IT IS NOT SENDING THE PL TONE WITH THE TX.
I PROGRAMED ANOTHER MOBILE WITH SAME INFO AND IT WORKS FINE.
I EVEN TOOK THE YAESU APART AND LOOKED AT THE BOARD AND COULD NOT SEE ANY DEFECTS.
CALLED YAESU AND THEY TOLD ME TO SEND IT IN. BUT IT WOULD BE SHIPPING AND $70.00 A HOUR.
WOW.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.