• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-840 repair

AE5RD

Reformed CB'er
May 4, 2005
Well I sent my Yaesu FT-840 in to Burghardt's for repair. I ca't wait to see what was wrong. Hope it isn't too expensive.

Thats Ironic I have an FT-840 I purchased off Ebay a few years back it was damaged and it was temperarily fixed and it actually worked great for 2 years then the display started flashing I was thinking about getting this one sent out to Burghardt aswell I have 2 of these FT-840 and they are outstanding HF rigs and simple to use. I was going to give my 2 licensed teenagers each one of these FT-840 and one of theFT-2800M I have here but Im thinking now about just giving them each a Yaesu FT-857D that way they have everything covered in one little rig ;).

Let us know what was wrong with your FT-840 and what the $$$ damage is I like Burghardt they do good work and thats the only place I send repairs I cant do they are also pretty quick with turnaround time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.
  • @ 555 Central Missouri:
    Hello everyone, I have a old courier centurion pll 40 channel SSB, it has the extra channels and it has another switch that just moves the frequency down one channel on the dial, what is the purpose for this?
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST
    +1