• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-891

They should be close to 14 volts but if not, It's a simple adjustment by turning the voltage adjustment screw on back next and checking with a volt meter.

Okay. I assumed (was hoping) I could just just hook up the radio and forget it seeing as how I don't own a volt meter. Will add that to my list. o_O

Multi-meters can be bought locally at big box hardware stores and even auto parts stores for reasonable prices. There handy to have for voltage and impedance readings and checking continuity between circuits and component and coax cables.

Or you can do the old school method, turn the voltage adjustment knob all the way up, then back it down a bit.

Just checked and they are not expensive at all.
An investment I should have made long ago.
Thanks.

I keep coming back to this radio. While a proven performer, the FT-450D is getting a little long in the tooth it seems while the FT-891 is much more modern in its technology. When the two are compared, the 891 boasts a much improved receiver with better filtering, a menu system that appears in videos to be much easier and quicker to navigate, a USB port on the rear panel, and a spectrum scope useful for quickly locating the strongest incoming signals. The only downside I see is the smaller display. However, it is still larger and brighter than that of the FT-857D.

I really like the Icom 7300, but for almost 1/2 the price, the Yaesu 891 seems to be a good alternative.

There is the newer version Yaesu FT 991A which has it all, HF, VHF, UHF, USB port, updated waterfall band scope, etc. Compact in size, but will work great for a base and even mobile if desired.

It is the more expensive of the others but still affordable. Sells for around $1500.

There is the newer version Yaesu FT 991A which has it all, HF, VHF, UHF, USB port, updated waterfall band scope, etc. Compact in size, but will work great for a base and even mobile if desired.

It is the more expensive of the others but still affordable. Sells for around $1500.

Have looked at it, fourstring. It looks fantastic. Am at that crossroads everyone faces. "How much do I want to spend?" I can do without VHF and UHF, so the FT-1200 and Icom 7300 appeal to me. Just need to nail down my budget.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated