• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT 897D

Yaesu's ft-897 has gained alot of popularity recently.From all that i'v read this is a really neat rig.Lots of options like the battery packs and bolt on antenna tuner making this a great field day or emergency radio.Jeff enjoy your new radio :D and hey man point that 14 element towards Reno sometimes.
73,Stu

I have the 897D and the 857D.

One thing I have found I dislike about it is that it constantly breaks the squelch on FM. Seems like this is a flaw in the design as there is a fix on mods dk for it but I want Yaesu to fix it FOR FREE!

crank the squelch and you lose the rx of the repeater lower the squelch and and hear a constant "cssshhhhhhhh cssshhhhhhhh cssshhhhhhhh cssshhhhhhhh "

ANNOYING

So HH you are saying that the squelch threashold is a bit tight? It won't lock and remain quiet and let a weak signal break through normally? Which is this on,the 857,897 or both? I have the 857 and never had that problem but I do remember reading something about it now that you mention it.

there dont have to be anyone it just breaks the squelch for no reason.

QRN you have that pragram on CD? can you load it on your server :D

you know freebies :LOL:

Pragram? Program? LOL. I don't have a server to upload it to.I wonder if it would work if I did.I copied the disk just to have as a backup ;) and then tried to install it on another computer and it would not work.I made a few "coasters" that way and each time the copy would not work but the original would install fine.I never had a problem like that with anything before or since.Advanced Data Management Systems must have embedded a security feature somehow. :evil:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.