• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu ft 902dm dead

Staybolt

Mar 20, 2013
The ac side is dead ( bad transformer) so I was told by my tech to hook it to DC and it should fire right up. It doesn't. It does zip. It has voltage to the on off switch but nothing else. Any ideas? I'd like to get it running because it's literally mint and has all the filters .

I am not familiar with the 902 but I did find the service manual and the Survival manual for the 901-902, see attached files.

Jeff

Attachments

• FT-902DM.pdf
    9.2 MB · Views: 71
  • FT-901DM_FT-902DM_survival_guide.pdf
    8 MB · Views: 73
Yeah very few know much about it. The tech I go to wouldn't even look at it because he knew nothing about it. If I can't fix it il just throw it in the trash

I hate to see it get tossed, there may be someone along here in time that is more knowledgeable than I.
There is KC4UMO that repairs old radios, I know from searching this morning he has several YouTube videos of repairs he has done on these.
Also Paul Harold is well know for working on the 101 radios, he may be able to point you towards some one that can help.
I am sure there are guys over on the Fox Tango group that could help as well.

Jeff

Reactions: Staybolt
I may have found someone. I'm in talks now with a ham that specializes in the 901 and 902dm. I posted an add on QTH and he responded. He has an ac transformer I'm getting from him

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.