• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT dx 10

Justme

Jan 28, 2008
The Netherlands
So, ran the new FT dx 10 for a week now, after setting most menu settings as how i wanted hem.
The good news is the receiver is HOT, with all noise fighting tools, you really can dig out weak stations.
Yes, i know band and mode buttons close to VFO knob, i knew that before i bought the radio and even with my big fingers i make it without bumping the VFO off frequency.
What radio is perfect?

Some menu's stay on screen short and fade away too fast for some peeps, i'm 71 and i can make the choice now within the time the menu is up, you need to get used to the radio.

No complaints, build like a tank, i bet after these few years they ironed out most complaints.
No i didn't buy it for the screen, i bought it for the receiver in it, here in the EU a gazillion very strong stations drown weaker ones my F 991 A of FT 2000 D or FT 847 ( now sold) with Collins filters could not dig out of the crap, the FT dx 10 does.

Working DX starts when you can hear he station and can cut out the crap on the band hiding it, or can get rid of noise or interfering signals.

We all can make power there the Heathkit SB 1000 is for, but being a big mouth and no ears? sorry no.
Now i listen more as i talk anyway, always has been so.
It just became a bit better with the new radio.
YMMV...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.