• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ft101e

davegrantsr

Oct 30, 2005
*****my personal, 2nd owner FT101e with 11m, 26.5, 27 & 27.5 xtals installed, have the 2 10m xtals that are out, AM filter, processor. i purchased this radio in 1976 from a ham for $750...i think. i used it on 11m regularly til about 10 years ago. in mid 90's, i shipped it to LC at maycom in MI where he went thru it, i THINK replaced a/some tubes. it performed flawlessly til i started using my ar3500(not offered) as a more modern radio. about 5 years ago i shelved it because of low receive. i replaced FET & it was good for a few months then low receive condition repeated itself. gave it to a local who replaced FET again along with several caps. worked great til this past summer, i would assume it should really be fully re-capped at this point. this radio has the plastic on front, includes yaesu desk mic, factory handheld mic & the external speaker housing, speaker long since blew out. and while maybe not 'mint', is probably the BEST looking 101e i've seen in....30 years.

well, been firing it up again the past several weekends. hmmmm, receive seems to be right where it should be again, & i haven't touched it. maybe i was off a bit on 'tune'? still a blast from the past & in fantastic shape!!!! re-caped or not!!!

would love $$$ but would consider trades....see what i'm looking for under my davemade m400 thread....would also consider trade up or down for a more modern HF rig, 432 mhz all mode....make an offer

have had a couple tire kickers but that's it. on the other hand i really haven't pushed it. was talking e skip into GA this morning & it was working as well as ever, both receive & xmit.
i really wanna move this to someone who's gonna use it & keep it alive. i just don't have time to use it-heck sometimes my radio time would barely be enough for it to warm up enough to tune it up.
don't ask me what i want for it. tell me what it's worth to you. money, trade, a little of each, make an offer. i previously declined offers of cb's/exports, but would consider good working examples of ssb radios such as XL, LT, president grant, grant export, general grant, 6900 turbo, omega, 257, optima, tram, browning, HF rig, 6m rig....make an offer. if the right offer came, i'd even consider trading UP. remember the 101's weight....i'd eat some shipping too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.