• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu ft450d low on rf power help

Mar 25, 2019
Well seems like radio is doing half power, thought one of the pa finals gone bad so pulled both and tested.. both test ok, before going farther going to ask for some help, the pre drivers look a little tougher to remove thanks

¿Is it happening in all bands or only in some of them?
I should follow the alignment procedure described in service manual (specially TX part), before pulling components (can be hard and risky to pull out some components as you says). J2002 is the connector where exciter signal feeds PA Unit.
Have you checked if power level is ok at this point? this would be nice to discard if the problem can be in RF Unit for example or its on PA Unit.
If you dont have equipments to measure power level at low signals, you can try to inject some signal in this point while on TX in some band, to see if power output returns or no (I think, but not sure that those equipments had an exciter signal around 0dbM, check service manual).
I dont like to pull components before some previous troubleshooting, it is always a risk.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.