• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu ftm-350 audio problem

cchew

Oct 13, 2012
Hi u all...

Im proud to be the owner of a ftm350 but since a few days ago without any reason my audio isn't make any sound anymore on the B-band on the front panel.When i switch to rear its working but not at the front.The A-band works fine at he front as well as on the rear.
So does someone know what could be the problem here? is it a hardware problem or software? if it is a software problem can it be resolved by doing a firmware upgrade?.

A full reset is done ..but gives no results
THX,73

Because of the audio problem i try too upgrade my firmware first maybe it will help.
Now it has version 1.1 and want to upgrade to 1.6.But now the upgrade wont work the prog keeps no inizialising no matter what i try i have a ttl usb ftdi cable and put the 3 wires grd tx rx in the date socket corectly.What could here be the problem??

Check to see if you have the APRS modem turned on and APRS mute turned on with the APRS band set to the B side. That would cause what you're describing.

Hmm intresting reply molecule thx when im back from work ill look inmmediately in my mena thx so far. .

After getting home i start the update again with your advice but nothing seems to work damnn it makes me crazy i think the menu settings are wrong please help to configure the memu.

E15 comport setting:speed 4800 9600 19200??
output:packet gps out off?

E16 data band select:1 aprs: ????
2 data: ?????

E17 data speed: 1 aprs :?????
2 data :?????

E18 data squelch 1 aprs? ???
2 data?????
3 TX???????

Maybe there are more things to doo?? In the settings of the port in the pc? Btw im using this cable ttl 232r 5v

USB TTL Serial

After getting home i start the update again with your advice but nothing seems to work damnn it makes me crazy i think the menu settings are wrong please help to configure the memu.

E15 comport setting:speed 4800 9600 19200??
output:packet gps out off?

E16 data band select:1 aprs: ????
2 data: ?????

E17 data speed: 1 aprs :?????
2 data :?????

E18 data squelch 1 aprs? ???
2 data?????
3 TX???????

Maybe there are more things to doo?? In the settings of the port in the pc? Btw im using this cable ttl 232r 5v

USB TTL Serial

Let's keep it basic for now. In the APRS menu group, find the menu called "APRS MODEM". Set that to OFF. Now see if that solves you B band mute problem. If it does, we can move on to step #2.

That's a shame.
I have yet to post that my ftm-350ar has a major flaw when scanning vhf and talking on uhf the pl tone and modulation drop and it drops the repeater than comes back full duplex is very finicky with the ftm-350ar:what:

I turned off the aprs modem and still no audio on the right band (front).
Also the firmware update wont work i think the usb cable i bought wont work with the firmware program.

Also the firmware update wont work i think the usb cable i bought wont work with the firmware program.

What cable manufacture ?
When I purchased my ftm-350ar I also purchased the adms cable and software:rolleyes:

Hallo,if i didn't wrong to understand the problem is only in front panel, if yes in the menu you will found audio for rear - front - rear/front. my idea is a selection "rear only";also be carefoul for an external speaker (mono-stereo jack)
the setting are easy to found in the menu boxes.
i hope these wil help you.
For cable may be is wrong the web site adress...

sorry for my english.
zioMau

Hallo,if i didn't wrong to understand the problem is only in front panel, if yes in the menu you will found audio for rear - front - rear/front. my idea is a selection "rear only";also be carefoul for an external speaker (mono-stereo jack)
the setting are easy to found in the menu boxes.
i hope these wil help you.
For cable may be is wrong the web site adress...

sorry for my english.
zioMau

十分感激 没事 (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.