• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

yaesu FTM-350 setup programming

JVT

Jan 2, 2012
I got a second FTM-350 and when turn on it displays the previous owners callsign.
How do I set mine up to do the same?
thanks
jim kf7rin

Hey JVT I scoured my manual thingy's too and couldn't find a thing. We should send a thingy to Rat and maybe with his decoder glasses he can find something. When I go out to my truck this morning I'll check my 350, I believe it might show my callsign when it powers up. If so I'll bet its because my call is programmed into the APRS parameters. Is the second radio setup for APRS? I'll let you know when I check it out. Sorry Rat, you seemed rather snooty...oh you pride yourself on that. I should have read the rest of your thingy. :)

JVT got the answer! Powered my radio up and it does show my callsign along with a -9 which indicates its my APRS ID. The -9 is used to indicate a mobile. So its in the setup screen for the APRS and it will have you enter your callsign. So if I'm correct your newest radio has the GPS installed and if its sending out beacons (APRS is on), anybody tracking will assume you are the guy who sold you the radio. If you have RT Systems programming its an easy fix, of course you can do it at the radio too. Be aware, if you aren't used to running a GPS/APRS on your old radio and now this radio has it installed you might do some research. When I first installed the GPS and turned on the beaconing there are some settings you really want to pay attention to and understand the choices. The local repeater owner wasn't happy with me when the radio was squawking my position to everyone at every turn and speed change. :) The right band had inadvertently got turned back to memory mode and was turned to his repeater frequency. It happened once years ago but every time somebody buys a 350 around here and makes the same mistake he calls me to check first. If you have RT Systems I'll gladly send you a file or screen shot of the setup that has helped me keep peace.

ftm-350 programming

thanks for checking that. Maybe I can enter all the APRS stuff except the tower frequency and get my call put on it??

Yes I know about the invariant packets on a regular repeater. We had it happen . It lasted about two weeks . One of the SAR guys on the SAR only repeater made the mistake. We had to trace it down .
It must be a common mistake.
thanks again
jim
kf7rin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.